Psalm 122:1-9 (CEB)
I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let’s go to the LORD’s house!” Now our feet are standing in your gates, Jerusalem! Jerusalem is built like a city joined together in unity. That is where the tribes go up— the LORD’s tribes! It is the law for Israel to give thanks there to the LORD’s name, because the thrones of justice are there— the thrones of the house of David! Pray that Jerusalem has peace: “Let those who love you have rest. Let there be peace on your walls; let there be rest on your fortifications.” For the sake of my family and friends, I say, “Peace be with you, Jerusalem.” For the sake of the LORD our God’s house I will pray for your good.
· What kinds of places do you get excited to go?
· What makes you want to go there?
· Who is there that you are happy to see?
· What do you do in that place that makes you want to go back?
· How do you feel when you visit that place?
· How do you feel when you enter a special or holy place?
Digging Deeper Questions
· What are some of the things that you like about Church?
· Are you ever excited, nervous, or scared to go to church? If so why?
· How do people make you feel welcome to be there?
· What are ways you can be welcoming to others?
· Can you think about a time when you didn’t feel welcome?
· What makes you feel un-welcome in a place?
· Why is it important for people to feel welcome in church?
· Who comes to mind when you think of welcoming others?
· What characteristics come to mind when you think of that person?
· What happens when we welcome others?
· What makes it hard sometimes to welcome those around us?